Pump Priming a term coined by Prof. J.M. Keynes is an effective tool to .......
1) Create employment through public investment even in unproductive activities during depression in the economy
2) Control inflation through fiscal measures
3) Encourage private entrepreneurs to invest in core sectors
4) Create infrastructure in urban areas
The principal component(s) of Nehru-Mahalanobis strategy of economic development was/ were -
1. Restructuring economic dependency on metropolitan capitalism into independent economic development.
2. Transition from semi-feudal agriculture to capitalist farming.
Select the correct answer using the code given below -
1) 1 only
2) 2 only
3) Both 1 and 2
4) Neither 1 nor 2
A country is said to be in a debt trap if -
1) It has to abide by the conditionalities imposed by the International Monetary Fund
2) It has to borrow to make interest payments on outstanding loans
3) It has been refused loans or aid by creditors abroad
4) The World Bank charges a very high rate of interest on outstanding & new loans